03 Sep Learjet 45 Synthetic Vision System Commences Testing
JetCity Engineering have recently commenced ground and flight development testing of the Learjet 45 Synthetic Vision System.
The Learjet 45 Synthetic Vision System upgrades the certified Primus Elite™ Enhanced Features Supplemental Type certificate with minimal downtime and on-wing software upgrades.
Synthetic Vision is a situation awareness system that synthesizes flight information from multiple aircraft databases into a 3-D rendering of the forward terrain. With a realistic view of the aircraft surroundings day or night, whatever the weather, Synthetic Vision eases pilots’ workload and provides additional confidence when approaching unfamiliar airports and terrain.
Benefits of Synthetic Vision include:
- Increases safety and improves crew situational awareness
- Reduces pilot workload
- Reduces technical flight errors
- Enhances operational flexibility
- Eliminates poor visibility as a safety factor
- Simplifies instrument flying
- Displays terrain database perspective
- Uses color coding for absolute altitude terrain
- Provides visualization of obstacles
- Displays unusual attitude declutter logic
Certification efforts are currently underway, for additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org